Monday, October 25, 2010

Fourth Day of Physical Therapy

Last session today before my 2 week post op appointment with my surgeon. Really good session as was able to do full revolutions on the bike and also hit my target of 110 degrees ROM 2 days early.

Worked a lot on the swelling above my knee today and by the time I walked out of there is was almost completely gone! Something that really helped was the electric stim on my knee, we changed the order of the program so that some of the swelling would be worked out by the pulsing quad.

Physio said the progress so far was excellent and will update the surgeon ahead of my appointment! Feels good to be making progress. Target for the next 2 weeks is to get me off crutches he says. That's what I like to hear!

Knee felt so good I walked home with the brace unlocked to 40 degrees ROM. Still on crutches but felt really good. Ran into a friend on the way home and found out he's had his ACL done as well (Hamstring Autograft, 5 years ago) and hasn't had any issues with it. Count of friends with ACL operations I didn't know about is now 5.

Electric Stim picture as promised, knee looking good and much less swelling

No comments:

Post a Comment