Friday, October 8, 2010

Disaster!

So to add insult to injury (literally) my wisdom tooth got infected and was removed today! Following discussion with the knee surgeon the tooth needs to be removed as the infection could spread to the knee after the operation if it gets into my blood stream. Apparently the metal would attract it somehow and if I were to have a total knee replacement the operation would have been postponed due to significantly more metal being used in the operation.

Anyhow, the surgeon says that as long as I take the 5 day course of antibiotics following the surgery I will be good to go. Sweet.

Got an advance taste of Percocet pain killers. Can see how people get addicted to these, they make you feel great! Not a care in the world and not nearly as nervous about my surgery on Wednesday... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment